About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Kitten Of Judah


I've been going to a class at church these past 2 weeks in which a bunch of guys watch the videos accompanying the book "Wild At Heart" by John Eldredge. That book fascinated me from the get-go, because as soon as I read it I got the distinct feeling that I wasn't who I should be. Truth is, I'm just not the kind of guy who enjoys camping out and abseiling dwon a sheer cliff. I wouldn't mind horseback riding, shooting and driving fast cars, but it seems to me that I'm just not the adventurous type, and I can't figure out completely if that's good or bad!
I've long had the reputation as a chick-flick fan, and I shouldn't really be ashamed of that - but a part of me is! I even went to see the new Die Hard and Transformers over the weekend, partly to change the image of me as a fan of romantic weepies! As it turned out I loved both movies without having to make any effort.
So maybe I'll be able identify with some but not all of the things in "Wild At Heart" and other people will just have to put up with it!

No comments: