About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Pain is Good - therefore I feel GREAT!!


So here is the promised report on my first visit to the gym yesterday. One word would probably sun up the experience - AGONY!!

No, it's all good, really it is. After getting a feel for the pain that is to come, my personal trainer Doug (also known as Doug the absolute SADIST) has an idea of how we're gonna take things, and it all starts tomorrow with the first session of a six week program that includes a full nutrition program.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I'm not as unfit as I thought (my motto : expect the worst, really paid off!)and the body fat index tests they did came back as "fair", which you've got to admit is better than "complete and utter disaster".

I discovered in the short sample workout I did that my quads are in worse shape than I thought. Even today they are killing me, and I'm walking like I have a permanent wedgie! Lord alone knows what I'll be like after tomorrow, probably wheeled out on a stretcher. If I do blog on Friday, you'll know I survived.

No comments: