About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Monday, July 9, 2007

Roseburg Show & Shine



There's quite a big difference between car shows in Britain and over here. Somehow the UK ones just don't have the excitement factor that US ones have. It's probably down to the presence here of the Muscle Cars and Pony Cars such as the Chevy Camaro or the Ford Mustang or the short-lived AMC models, which you woulds virtually never see in the UK, and even if you did, very few people would be able to afford to actually drive them, due to the ever-escalating gas prices (currently the equivalent af around $8 there).

So to see so many really cool cars in one place is still quite a novelty to me, and probably one good reason why I'm still taking so many photographs; I'm sure I'll settle down soon!

This weekend just past it was Roseburg, which is around 2 1/2 hours north of here up the I5 , and quite a bit cooler, which made for a fun time. Some really sweet cars, many of which I could easily see myself driving - if I won the lottery that is! It doesn't do a lot for my coveting problem, but I am learning to look, admire, and then be very grateful for my Plymouth!!

No comments: