About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

My 5 Life-changing moments - Part 3

So we left it with my having downed a bottle of aspirin and going to bed. Things weren't looking good. Except God had other ideas. Something within me made me get up again, go down the hall and call a friend, who took me the 2 miles to the nearest hospital, where the next morning, after a stomach pump and a thorough psychiatric assessment, I was discharged with a whole new outlook on life.

I was glad to be alive, and so thankful to God that after some months of leaving him out and doing my own thing, he still cared enough to rescue me. I vowed in return to dedicate my life to him in any way I could, and within 7 years I had embarked on the pathway that led me to where I am now, and that leads me onto my final life-changing moment.

On April 25th 2007 I left England to come and work here in Medford, OR for The Dove. I had been over for 2 months the previous September just to see if life in the US was going to work out. It did and it has.

There's no doubting that leaving your home country and moving to a foreign land is a huge upheaval in many ways, but the process has been made so much easier by my wonderful talented and fun-loving work colleagues, the listeners and locals I've got to know along the way, and most of all, at church, by the worship ministry people, the pastors, the Mighty Men, and my new US family, the Life Group, without which I'd be a mess. I love you guys.

So there you are. My 5 life-changing moments. Sorry it was a bit long, but it all needed saying, some of it perhaps for the first time.

I wonder which moments have shaped your life...?

No comments: