About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Lincoln Brewster live in Grants Pass - 3-13-08

Being a long time fan of Lincoln Brewster and his music, I had been looking forward to his show in Grants Pass for a long time. Having interviewed him again on the radio a few days before, I had forgotten just how easy to talk to he was, and what a lot of fun too, and as it turned out he was just the same at the concert.

As I was co-MC’ing the night I had to meet with Lincoln before the show - oh the hardship! - and I actually arrived in time to catch the sound checks. Lincoln and the band were all very friendly, fun guys and we managed to get some pictures done for the Dove website.

The show itself must rank for me as one of the best I have ever been to - and I’ve been to dozens of concerts over the years. The reasons for this are threefold. First the amazing musicianship (Norm Stockton is no slouch either); second the humor of Lincoln and the fact the whole evening was so enjoyable (there was a 25 minute acoustic camp fire session where Lincoln told stories about his kids - very funny). Most importantly, the whole night was 100% God centered, which is what sets the concert apart from so many of the others I’ve been to.

The band played all the "hits", they played them superbly, the audience sand til their lungs burst, and God was lifted up.

What more could you ask for from a concert? We hope to get them back this way real soon...

No comments: