About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"A Bad Night to be an Atheist!"


Rangers slugger Josh Hamilton has just provided one of the most thrilling exhibitions in sports that I have ever seen, as he powered and battered his way to a record 1st round 28 in the first and only Home Run Derby to grace the House That Ruth Built.

Many of these awesome hits were around and over 500 feet, and the breathless Yankees fans quite rightly chanted his name and gave him a standing O.

Hamilton is quick to credit and glorify God for turning his life around after some years as a heroin addict which have left him with tattoos, and requires a self-imposed minder to keep him on the straight and narrow.

God has clearly made a huge impact on Josh's life and provided hope for countless others still caught up in addiction.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter who wins now, and it certainly doesn't matter that A-Rod couldn't be bothered to show up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Atheists can and have overcome addiction without 'god', so that comment was just dumb. Apparently god couldn't help Hamilton actually win the contest either.

Ron said...

just broadcast the goddamn game! keep your personal beliefs to yourself.

Steve Best said...

Tim: The comment was made by one of the broadcasters whose religious views I am not sure of. Dumb or not I thought it was an interesting comment. Nobody is disputing whether an atheist can or cannot overcome an addiction without God. You're missing the point, which is simply that it is an interesting story.

Ron: If you don't want to read my personal beliefs, you don't have to read my blog. I will talk about my beliefs on my own personal blog as much as I like, so you go decide what you want to do.