About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Sowing into the Future


Our church has just come to the end of it's Summer VBS and as ever I am in awe of those who give everything they have, and then a little bit more, to sow priceless things into the lives of the kids in their care.

Time after time this week I have seen people who have already put in a full day's work come into church with a smile on their faces and throw themselves 110% into making Jesus real and relevant to these youngsters with no thought of themselves and their own tiredness.

The ultimate reward I guess is seeing dozens of kids on their knees before the father, and the sheer joy and abandon of children worshiping, and this has been very evident all week.

To those who prepared the church, and those who sacrificed time and energy, my words are meaningless, but all I can do is offer my admiration and my assurance that, according to Isaiah 55:10-11:

"As the rain and the snow come down from heaven,  and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

No comments: