About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

HCG and other matters

I realize it's been an age since I last posted. To be frank, I've struggled quite a bit recently with several things. The wait for news on my visa has been quite a strain, and I have sadly let myself go more than I would have liked when it comes to health, to the point where I am just not happy with what I am right now.


One thing I can do is to work on getting healthy while I wait to find out if I get to stay in the country, so I have just started the HCG diet. HCG has been very well documented online and pretty much everywhere else, so I won't go into the ins and outs of it here. 
Suffice it to say that there are many - my GP, who researched it thoroughly and then did it along with his wife - who have done, or are doing it who love it, and there are those who do not approve of it. That's fine. That's their choice. My choice is to do this diet.


Because I know there are a lot of people online who are struggling with weight issues, I don't personally feel I want to talk about HCG on networks such as Facebook, so I am going to use this blog as an update opportunity.


So, to update now. Thursday was day 1 of the 500 calorie HCG diet, and there are 23 days on the drops. On day 1 I lost 5 pounds. Day 2 I lost 4 pounds, making the total 9 pounds, and yesterday, day 3, I lost 4 pounds, making the total to date 12 pounds.



I will try and remember to update daily on here. That might be a challenge this week as we have 4 days of Pledge Drive at theDove starting tomorrow. This is a necessary but exhausting period of work, which we do twice a year to raise the funds that keep us going, since we are 100% listener supported. Basically if the money isn't donated, it doesn't happen.



I'll be the first to admit that I really don't like asking people for money, especially in these really tough financial times, but it has to be done, and so I'll be in endurance mode until Thursday night. If you have a spare moment, pray that the funds we so desperately need come in. 




Thanks, and now the football is starting. Gotta go!



1 comment:

Krystle said...

Good for you Steve! Proud of you and would you believe me if I said I could TELL last night you had lost weight?! It's true!!
Good luck with the pledge, KDOV is an amazing ministry and I pray He continues to bless you there!

We love you!