About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

You should write about this too!

I can't tell you how much I've been looking forward to this week off. It's lovely to get away - even though it's only some 300 miles or so - from the rat race, and just recharge the batteries with another of my favorite West Coast "families". I seem to have picked up 3 or 4 new families of my own, which more than make up for my real one being 6,000 miles away.

As I write I am looking out of the second floor window at...basically...forest. Tall pine trees and a sense of peace. So what was I going to write about? Ah yes...

I did a second round of HCG recently. Unfortunately it was cut short by what I thought was another cold coming on. As it turned out it was a 24 hour sniffle, but by the time I realized this, I'd come off the diet - just to be safe - so the weight loss was not really what I had hoped it would be...this time.

Anyway, of the three pairs of jeans I own, two of them were purchased at a time when I was definitely not under the influence of, let's say, HCG thinking. In short, they have grown pretty baggy.

Now I come from a waste-not, want-not mentality. My family has always instilled in me that if anything CAN be used, it SHOULD be used, so I'm hardly about to throw out two perfectly good pairs of jeans. No sir. I decided that as long as I had a belt, I would be fine with them.

The last time I did HCG, back in October/November was after my last air trip, and the last time I did fly, which would have been September last year, I had still lost weight in the time since the jeans were bought. However with the new TSA security rules requiring belt removal to go through security, back in September this hadn't caused any real jeans-related problems - if you get my drift.

BUT....! this time, I had not quite realized the effect the combined weight loss of two rounds of HCG (amounting to some 30 pounds) would have on the ability of my jeans to...erm...stay up of their own accord without a belt.

Going through security yesterday I had a bit of a shock. I'm not saying they fell to half mast as the belt came off, but it sure FELT like it! Loose is not the word. Suffice it to say there was nearly an international incident of an entirely non-terrorist nature at Medford Rogue Valley International Airport yesterday afternoon.

Now, how to get through Seattle security next weekend without the same thing happening...!

Any ideas?

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Ha! I love it. Hmmm....Maybe some bright red suspenders?!