About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Coincidence?

As the time has drawn nearer and nearer for me to leave the USA after 5 years and travel back to the UK, I have become more and more excited about why God has called me to visit there at this time, and just what he has in store for me. One thing which has made this possible is the unmistakable way that God has been speaking to me through what those without my faith would call "coincidence".

Let me explain. When I left Medford 2 weeks ago, the sermon series at my church there had been on Joseph, who - you may or may not know - was compelled to go far away from home through what turned out to be divine providence for good. I couldn't help but take notice of the parallels to my situation. Having to leave my new home for a faraway country, wondering why on earth God would allow such a thing.

When I got here to Olympia, I found that the sermon series at Church of the Living Water was on.....yep - Joseph, and even a guest speaker last week, Banning Liebscher from Bethel/Jesus Culture in Redding was talking about things I could totally relate to considering what lies ahead of me.

You could call this coincidence, but I call it the voice of God. I was also given verses from Hebrews chapter 11 talking about how by faith Abraham was called to a far off place and obeyed, even though he didn't know where he was going (Hebrews 11:8-10).

Taking all these into account, it's clear that God is speaking to me, and I'm excited to see what opportunities he opens up over there. It's up to me to be open and obedient to God and serve as best I can.

Right now, there are no concrete job leads. A one-day-a-week possible radio job, and the hope of something linked to a London church, but really nothing definite. I'm not really worried though. I'm trying to follow up some leads and after that it's really up to God to place me where he wants. I know he wouldn't leave me high and dry, because that's simply not the kind of God he is.

So, a big thank you to everyone I've come into contact with here at COLW these past 2 weeks.I look forward to keeping you updated as the journey begins...in more ways than one...tomorrow.

No comments: