About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Milk and Memories

I'm writing this post sitting in a lawn chair in an otherwise empty living room, watching my TV which is perched on a dining room chair. My dear friend Breanna pointed out today that this undoubtedly makes me "white trash", but everything leaves the apartment tomorrow, and we're nearly there.


Amidst all this highly unsettling stuff, I had a really encouraging email from the UK this morning. I sent a hastily cobbled together radio demo CD to several Christian and secular radio stations a few weeks ago. Today the Program Controller at Premier Christian Radio - one of the biggest Christian Radio ministries in the UK, and based in London - messaged me to say that they had a vacancy coming up in mid-April and he'd liked my demo and wanted to talk to me.


He is going to call me next week to - I guess - talk about what the job would entail, and whether I might be suitable for it. I have to say that I'm trying hard not to get too excited about this, in case nothing comes of it. However, this would be a really big deal if God landed it for me. London is the place to be for media and for musicians, and although it is highly expensive to live or work there, the wages usually compensate for that.


The set up at Premier looks really good, and I am cautiously optimistic. The email arrived at a good time as I clear out my apartment, a highly unsettling experience. It's good to know, as several people have said, that God is showing me even while I'm still in this country that he's looking out for me.


Well tonight I'm gonna kick back, watch movies and drink milk, after an emotional evening with one of my close families here. Making memories right up til the end...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are loved and cared for more than you know! So thankful for the gift of you in our lives, in our family! Never goodbye, Kippy. Never goodbye!

Sheri Holtz

Paul Nixon said...

Praying into this for you my friend. It was also really good to chat yesterday. If you get chance, read the last two blogs I posted re: revival talk. God bless you mate!