About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wherever It Takes Us

Wow, it's been a long time, hasn't it?! June actually. I really envy some people who can just do these things each and every day, AND still be interesting and compelling. Sadly I am not like that. As those who know me closest will attest, I don't really like talking about personal stuff to anyone but those absolutely closest to me, and that's not going to change any time soon.

I'm not about to spill all my deepest secrets and concerns on here. But there are things to say, and maybe I'll say some of them -- and maybe I won't! I'm certainly not going to apologize either way. For me, blogging is hard, and an effort, and that's just the way it is. So kudos to those who can do it most days and still sound fresh!

It's been an interesting year, that's for sure. It's now over 18 months since I arrived back in the UK after my interrupted new life. It's been as good as it can be here, with a good job and a church where I feel I can make a contribution.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't constantly miss my people in Southern Oregon. I actually went back there in September for 5 days, after a rather surreal (but very valuable) time spent at a music conference in Disney world Florida of all places. The 5 days in the Rogue Valley were of course not long enough, but it was amazing to see everyone again, if only for a short time. Looking forward to a return visit in September 2014.

This week finds me on a much-needed break. I am required to work over Christmas and New Year, so this week is my Christmas break It's been a good time so far of hanging out with family and reading my book on American history, which I've long been promising myself I should be getting into.

I've been thinking it might be time soon to take this blog to a new location. They do say a change is as good as a rest, so don't be surprised if we up sticks and move somewhere else in the blogisphere. It might happen. We'll see. Plenty of music to talk about, plenty of books to mention too, so we'll see where that takes us.

Until next time...


No comments: